RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Awfully Good Waffles or Pancakes

Awfully Good Waffles
Vegan, Serves 2

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter! I spent it with Bruce and his sons, and I made these for breakfast. I'm working on more kid friendly recipes, and using them as my "test subjects". The fact that I had to double this recipe. (Yes, I had to make two batches so Bruce and I could have breakfast!) I know this recipe is definitely a keeper, since his oldest was liked plate clean and had 4 pancakes.....

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt (optional) {I added some salt, since it adds to the taste.}
1 cup soy milk or other non-dairy milk (add more if you are making pancakes) {I used hemp milk-it still has a creamy texture and has more omgea 3s and 6s.}
1/2 cup applesauce {I didn't have applesauce, however, I did have fresh apples. I cut one up [per batch], put apple, a little bit of water [about 2 Tbs.] and 1 tsp of sugar in a food processor until finely chopped. I heated the apple mixture up in a sauce pan, added 1/4 tsp. and 1-2 Tbs. of water on medium heat until fragrant. Add to pancake batter.}

1. Combine the dry ingredients and mix. Add the non-dairy milk and applesauce. pour into an oiled waffle iron, and cook until golden.

Serve with your favorite topping, Grant had his plain (he liked the way the apple chunks kept it sweet), Max had his with agave nectar, and Bruce and I had bananas with agave nectar.....

No comments:

Post a Comment