RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Monday, August 6, 2012

Friendship Day and What That Means...

Friendship Day and What That Means....

Yesterday was Friendship Day and going through my ho-hum day without Bruce and the boys, I worked on the blog, talked with my mom-the usual. Well, I got on Pinterest and was so moved by some of the pins; not in a good way!

The severe abuse that some will do to themselves is one thing, but to afflict that abuse upon a living earthling is horrifying! We, as man, need to understand that we DO NOT have the right to torture others who have the right to live and want to live. To say the least I was upset and in tears, trying to figure out how to write about this. Fortune came up to me, sensing I was upset (and as I write this I have tears) wanting to comfort me. He and Choxie are truly family members and it pains me to know that they could have suffered the same fate had I not adopted them.




I do everything in my power to show them love, to keep them safe and to give them the structure to know how much I care. So much so, that my day usually starts at 4:15am during the week to walk them for 30-45 minutes. If you are like me, you’ll want to hug your four legged furry babies after seeing these. That’s the natural response I had and did! I don’t want to live in a country that thinks that this is wrong, but gives a slap on the wrist for the crime that has been committed. I’m not going anywhere, and I know that I’m not alone. If you have the time, donate your time to a rescue or a shelter. Sometimes it can just be your talents or the fresh energy they need. If you can’t, but you can donate money-then do it. Or, maybe you can find the room and want to adopt instead. Think of how many new friends you can make. Think of how many will see you lead by example and be inspired to make a difference. If we all make a difference then hopefully we won’t see images like these and someday friendship day will be celebrated everyday…..



No comments:

Post a Comment