Blueberry-Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping
These are by far my mom's favorite muffin recipe! When I worked at the CPA's office in SA, I would bring these in on those deadline days, and they would be devoured (by non vegans)! Super easy to make and they go quick, this is one of those perfect recipes for super ripe bananas....
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour, divided
3/4 cup fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp. nondairy margarine
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with the oil and sugar and mix well.
3. In a small bowl, sift together the salt, the baking soda, and 2 cups of the flour.
4. Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir by hand until the two are thoroughly combined. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour the batter into a lined muffin pan.
6. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of flour, the brown sugar, and the nondairy margarine. Stir until the mixture forms coarse crumbs, then sprinkle the crumbs onto the muffins.
7. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Makes 10–12 muffins