RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip


Spinach Artichoke Dip
Vegan; Gluten Free;Serves 8

Along with everything else, that I made the other night, this was one the dishes.... I used my food processor to coarsely chop the spinach, artichokes and garlic. I didn't have fresh lemons on hand, so I used dried lemon peel from my spice rack. (I have quite a collection!) Since football season is here, this is a great dish to take to any of the tale gate parties!

1 recipe of cashew cream (I actually used less, since I made cashew cream filled strawberries)
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of packed chopped spinach leaves
1 can of large artichoke hearts, chopped
1 small leek, sliced into rings
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

2. Stir together cashew cream, vegan mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, garlic, chopped spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, leeks, lemon zest, and black pepper and combine well. (**Note: I placed the spinach, artichoke hearts and leeks in my food processor and pulsed a few times until coarsely chopped.)

3. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the top becomes golden brown and crispy. Serve hot with your favorite dipping chips or crackers.

Found: Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats by Allyson Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment