RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Natural Cleaners for the Deep Clean of the House....

Natural Cleaners for the Deep Clean of the House....

When I found this, I thought "oh WOW!" Then I tried it for the oven and wasn't so impressed. However, the cleaning solution redeemed its self on the stainless steel sink and the glass top stove. I've been trying to find something natural for the glass top sink for a while. Everyone up here lives by a product that tests on animals and isn't environmentally friendly.

This is the recipe:

I put about 1/4 cup of baking soda in a small glass bowl and squirt in hydrogen peroxide until it makes a nice paste. Then I rub it on the offending dirt/stain/grease…whatever! I usually just use my fingers…but I also use a small sponge at times as well.

We all know how vinegar is great for cleaning! But, if you're anything like me, I can't stand the smell of plain white vinegar. So this is perfect! From the FrugalColumbusMom.blogspot.com

Orange Vinegar cleaner - Add orange peels (or any citrus peel) to a quart of white vinegar in a closed container and let it set for two weeks. Combine citrus/vinegar solution half/half with water and use for cleaning. Works on floors, tile, fixtures, etc. Smells good and is tough on scum! Best of all there are no chemicals.

Since everyone in the house has been sick recently, Bruce and I are doing this over the weekend

Mix baking soda with TBS of fabric softener and spread on mattress every one or two months. Leave on an hour and vacuum off. Kills dust mites and freshens the mattress. It does work and it smells so good!

In the high traffic areas of the house, I've used this a few times. This also helped getting olive oil out of the carpet, too!

Magic Carpet Cleaner - Baking soda, vinegar, dishwashing liquid & warm water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment