RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Monday, September 24, 2012

Pesto Sweet Potato Mushroom Chickpea Salad


Pesto Sweet Potato Mushroom Chickpea Salad
Vegan; Serves 6; 30 minutes

Already having my zucchini shredded for the fritters I was planning on making for dinner, I didn't have a side dish. So, my quest begins (knowing I that I found the perfect recipe-taking the best of 3 different recipes).... I found this while surfing pinterest and foodgawker (my addictions)! I made these to fit mine and Bruce's taste! Enjoy and remember, a recipe has no soul until the chef gives it one....

Ingredients:
1 medium sweet potato, sliced
2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
2 Tablespoons Safflower oil
salt and pepper to taste (I put about two pinches of both sprinkled over)
1 14.5 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Pesto Recipe will follow in the blog

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the mushrooms and potatoes out on the baking sheet.

2. Lightly drizzle with safflower oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to fully coat each piece. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes, until the largest chunk of potato can easily be pierced with a fork. Remove and set aside to cool.

3. While your mushroom and potatoes are cooking, you can prepare your pesto.

4. Once the mushrooms and potatoes have cooled for about 10 minutes or so, place them in a bowl along with the chickpeas. If you want it really “pesto-ey”, dump all of it in. Otherwise scoop it in by the spoonful, tossing the salad to combine between each spoonful, until all the pieces are coated to meet your pesto preference. You can serve immediately or chill for 30 minutes or more before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment