RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Dates


Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Dates
Vegan; 30 minutes or fewer


Alright, I found this recipe off of foodgawker (my new addiction) and it sends me to This Can't Be Vegan. Well, you know I had to try it, and it was REALLY good! Me being the person that I am, had to modify the recipe to fit my budget and shopping.... Originally (adapted from Better Homes & Gardens)

6 tablespoons non-dairy cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6 stalks of chives, thinly sliced
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits (WayFare bacony bits)
Black pepper, to taste
12 Medjool dates

1. Preheat oven to 400F.

2. In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, Dijon mustard, garlic, and bacon bits. Fold in green onions. Season to taste with pepper.

3. Using a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in each date. Spread open slightly and remove pits. Fill each date with about a tablespoon of cheese mixture. Place dates filling side up on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Makes 12 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment