Sunday, May 5, 2013
Lemon Lavender Scones
Lemon Glazed Lavender Scones
Since The Compassionate Vegan had a tabling event at Herb Fest in Colorado Springs, I made these to pass out as samples. Quite tasty and SUPER easy to make, these are perfect for a brunch or a Mother's Day get together.... Depending on the size you shape the scones will change the amount the recipe yields. Adapted from food.com
1/2 cup organic sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender buds
1/2 cup earth balance, at room temperature
egg replacer equal to 2 eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/4 cup hemp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F; line a 12 count muffin pan with paper liners or shape into triangle scone shapes.
2. Put the sugar and lavender buds in a food processor. Process briefly to combine. Sift flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Tip the lavender sugar into a bowl with the earth balance and beat together until pale and fluffy. Beat the egg replacer into the earth balance mixture, a little at a time, then fold gently into the sifted flour. Stir in the hemp milk, then spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
4. Bake for about 18 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
2/4 cups sifted organic powder sugar
the zest and juice from one lemon
1. Sift the powder sugar in a bowl. Zest the lemon and set aside. Squeeze lemon juice into the sifted powder sugar a little at a time and stirring, till you get a glaze consistency. Drizzle over the scones and sprinkle with lemon zest, store in the fridge till ready to serve.... Enjoy!