RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Cheese

Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Cheese
Vegan; Makes about 12 oz

This was by far the favorite of the party! I also have to admit, this is my favorite too! I only got a small sliver, so you know this will be a repeat recipe. I shaped this one as a log, but can be made in the shape of a ball or in a mold. I had the cheese cultured for 2 days.

1 1/2 cups Basic Cashew Cheese, cultured for 1 to 2 days
1/2 cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes (I used the ones packed in oil)
1/2 cup slivered fresh basil, firmly packed
3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt

1. Put the Basic Cashew Cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, nutritional yeast, garlic and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.

2. Shape the cheese into a log, or form of choice by hand. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment