RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Saturday, January 12, 2013

To The Finer Things~ Wine Tips in the Kitchen

To The Finer Things~ Wine Tips in the Kitchen

I mentioned this tip to a few friends, and realized that most didn't know to do this. So, I'm posting these here to share with everyone.... A good rule of thumb is: if you won't drink it, don't cook with it!

1. Let me start off with, Bruce and I really enjoy a nice glass of wine. There have been a few times that we've gotten a bottle of red that has turned before we could finish the bottle, or that we couldn't drink at all since it was just really bad wine. Never fear~ If you pour the wine into ice trays, you can freeze them and use it in dinner instead of drinking with dinner.... ~_^

** Sauces and marinades are great for this!**

2. For sweet whites (I'm not a fan), I use them in chutneys and adding a spicy kick to offset the sweetness. Or bake into a fruit compote, so you have the flavor baked into the fruit.

**Some good fruits are apricots, pears, and plums**

No comments:

Post a Comment