RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Let Go.....

After moving here, and having the universe pull the rug out from under my feet, and I landed on my hip... (The day before Christmas, I slipped on a patch of ice and ended up with a hip contusion. At least I was still working at the time, and had health insurance to cover the cost-the yin and yang of the situation.)

So to have an income, because the job that I had told me that I would be lose my job if my boyfriend left me. (Yes, I was actually told this!) I've been temping with different agencies as I try to find my way. Well, an assignment just ended yesterday-not the best way either. I was working for a man that is SO socially awkward, that the only way he communicates with you is via e-mail. He doesn't answer your questions, and doesn't even want to talk to his clients, and when he does he's absolutely fake with them. I felt like it was an episode of The Twilight Zone. Hopefully you all have the picture, you enter the work and stare at a computer screen, with little to no organic contact.

So, getting back to yesterday. He told me that I could stay till the end of business and that would be my last day. It's the best notice he could give me. (Mind you, I drove in to be at work by 8 am and it's now 8:45 am.) He proceeded to tell me that I wasn't worth 2% of his time to train and that I wasn't worth paying the finders fee, but I could stay. Well, after that, I could only say (without breaking down in tears) I'll just go ahead and leave.

So, while crying in my car, and making all the phone calls to (or e-mailing) my temp agencies I get that phone call (later in the afternoon) that helps me breathe a little better. There is an assignment and it starts tomorrow-truly temp, but a REALLY good company. Today was my first day, and they didn't even treat me like a temp. While I know that this isn't permanent, it's still income. And, to make myself feel even better. I bought a box of hair dye (yesterday)-yes, at the ripe age of 33 there is plenty of gray.

My box of Naturtint- Green Technologies is SO close to my natural hair color. I REALLY like this product. Not tested on animals (always a must for a product I use), no ammonia, no resorcinol and no parabens. Made with organic ingredients (again a must for me to use). While, yes, I know that this is vanity, still has chemicals and reads like a science experiment. This is still a better product then what you find on the shelves of salon suppliers and at salons themselves. What I love best is using used coffee grounds in my hair. It makes a mess in the shower and is best only for those with dark hair, since it will tint your roots. The down side is that used coffee grounds don't cover the gray. Someday I will be able to let go of the color routine, but for now-I let go of the negative energy of ugly people that only want to bring you down....

No comments:

Post a Comment