RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Compassionate Vegan

The Compassionate Vegan

I feel like I need to let everyone in on why the blog hasn't been updated frequently. Drum roll, Please..... The excitement is that Bruce, some friends and I are building an online community that will be a social network for vegans, vegetarians and the veg curious. There will be a social network, all of my recipes, a what's in your fridge tool, vegan living, activism and vegan health. We will be including a mentor program, so if you need a sponsor or would like to be a sponsor let me know.

We're turning the organization (since we now have our EIN) into a non-profit that will educate those who want to learn about vegan living, including animal rights and sustainability.

All of that being said, now all of the back paper work is moving forward. While we do this all of our outreach has continued on. I've started doing cooking workshops (like a home ec. class), our tabling events are going to start in May and we still have the plant strong classes. All Free, and that's the way we will continue to survive. With donations and some funding through VegFund.

Hope you are all excited to be apart of this and I'm happy to announce: Coming Soon www.thecompassionatevegan.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just wanted to say that I went from vegetarian to vegan based on following you on Pinterest. I'm really excited about this new venture. I'm still educating myself about what is vegan and it's been difficult living in a place where I have no friends who are vegetarian, much less vegan. But, my family has been supportive and most of my friends too. It's only been three months but other than a few cravings now and then I like eating vegan better. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad and happy to hear that you have support from your family and some friends. If you have any questions or just want to know more, I'm happy to help. Three months is a HUGE milestone, and know that the cravings become less frequent and you won't crave them like before. I'm glad that you found me on Pinterest and left the comment, thank you. Have a brilliant day and hugs!

      Delete