RecipesUS

Top Food Blogs

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Almost Raw Carrot Orange Cake


Almost Raw Carrot Orange Cake
Vegan; Gluten Free; Oil Free
Makes (2) 4" cakes

I've been going through my juice phase again, and came up with this recipe. Honestly, the pulp was SO pretty, I couldn't share it with the pups (since I turn the pulp into dog treats in the food dehydrator). I call this almost raw since I use vanilla coconut yogurt in the recipe, it adds some sweetness and keeps the cake fluffy and moist.

2 cups carrot/orange pulp (this is the leftovers of {2} oranges and {3} carrots being juiced)
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raw walnuts (pecans work well too)
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tablespoons of vanilla coconut yogurt (I used the sweetened)
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
pinch of salt
top with fresh blackberries or orange slices


1. Pulse together all ingredients in a food processor until well-blended.

2. Press mixture into 4" spring form pan (I got mine from Amazon). Refrigerate for about 20 minutes to set and top with Raw Cashew Vanilla Frosting just before serving (see blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment